Monday, August 23, 2010

Andrea and the Fridge and Auntie Sharon

Now that Andrea can crawl up things and stand she tries to stand up holding onto everything in the house.  This is a newest discovery. . . THE FRIDGE!!!!  It is now a race to the fridge as soon as she sees mom open it.  Honestly, I'm racing to shut the door before she gets there and she's racing to get inside it before I can shut the door.  I must admit she wins at least half of the time.  This day was her first time winning, so I had to catch a picture.
She was so proud of herself.  She turned around and gave me her little "I'm so proud of myself, look what I just did" laugh.  I absolutely love that laugh. I'm quite proud of her as well.  She's getting fast and strong and has a wonderful curiosity.
We were having ice cream one night and of course we were giving Andrea a few bites.  She absolutely loves ice cream!  The second she sees me pull out these ice cream dishes she gets so excited because she knows what's coming.  Mom and Dad had finished their ice cream, but apparently Andrea hadn't had enough, so she took the ice cream dish and decided she would figure out how she could get every last drop of ice cream left in the dish.  Notice all the chocolate on her face.
She didn't realize that the bottom of the dish didn't have ice cream in it, "Oh man." She was determined to get some more ice cream.  You've got to love her determination.
I think her and Daddy both had a little too much ice cream. I finished doing some cleaning while Steve rocked Andrea to sleep.  I came in and this is what they both looked like. So priceless.
Auntie Sharon came to visit this week so she could go to Education week.  We had dinner together at Bill's on Sunday, so we decided to have everybody over to our place on Thursday.  I made a really yummy pasta dish that I got from my Mother-in-law.  It turned out fantastic. We played several games of Uno, of few of which included "Tausha's rules" which are really rules that I learned from Ken and Lindsi, but I think they are fantastic, so I always make everybody try a few rounds with those rules. After Uno we watched a few home videos.  Everyone loved seeing the slip n' slide at Lake Powell. Some of those jumps were crazy!
I was able to go to Education week with Auntie Sharon for a few classes each day.  I was able to go to a John Bytheway class on marriage.  It was fantastic.  I learned so many neat things that have already improved our marriage a ton.  I was so inspired by the talks that I typed up my notes from the first two sessions and sent them to my family.  If any of you would like them just let me know and I'll email them to you as well.  I need to add a few more things from the last two sessions, but they are fantastic and will definitely make your marriage even better if applied. We had a lot of fun with you Auntie Sharon and as always we love seeing Bill's family. Thank you for a fantastic week!

4 comments:

Anna said...

i love seeing what your little angel is up to. she is adorable! that class sounds like it was awesome. i'd love to read some of your notes! if you don't mind... mountaingirl_15@hotmail.com
keep posting about that adorable gal! :)

Anderson Family said...

Andrea is sooo cute! I love that age. They are so fun! I would love a copy of your notes. I love john Bytheway. My e-mail is sanderson_svr@hotmail.com. Thanks Tausha!

SJB said...

I miss my baby so much. Sharon had such a great time, and please forward those JB notes to me and Melanie. Any simple tricks to keep those Bentz boys in line is worth reading.

Shantel Elise said...

Taush- Andrea is SO cute! Also, I would LOVE the notes that you took at Education Week. My e-mail is shantel_elise (at) hotmail.com

Love you!