Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lake Powell

Andrea loved to play with Grandpa's hair. Cuddle time with Grandpa.  This year we were only able to go to Lake Powell for a few days instead of a whole week, but it was still a lot of fun.  We were very blessed and protected while we were there.  The kids were protected and the weather and water was perfect.
She's so happy to be free and playing with her cousins on the houseboat.
Kaydence enjoyed playing with Andrea, but as you can see we had to watch her very carefully because Andrea isn't quite old enough to handle Kaydence and her strength, energy, and mobility. :-)  Andrea wanted so badly to be able to walk and play with Kaydence and Casen.  She was able to play, but not as fast as she would have liked. She did learn a lot from both cousins though.  One night we were bathing the kids and Andrea had finished her bath and was getting dressed when Kaydence was getting her hair washed.  She hates to get her hair washed, so she was screaming, "No, no, no" Andrea looked right at her and said, "NO???"  In a question form wondering what does "No" mean?  It was so cute.  We all heard it too which made it so neat.  So, technically No is her first word besides Mom and Dad which she has been saying for a while.  I don't know if it's such a great thing that Andrea already learned the word No.  The good thing is, she doesn't know what it means yet.
Kayla and Tyson helped out so much with the kids.  They played with them a lot.  We love you Kayla and Tyson.
I had to put this picture in because I couldn't believe how similar our eyes looked.  I guess Andrea has her mommy's eyes.
Johnbar had lovely hair when he woke up one morning.  I had to capture it on film.
Steve and Markell chilling on the house boat.
Kaydence showing off her lovely smile.
Tyson chilling with his two girls. I think Andrea is so cute in this picture.
We went for a boat drive one day an went to a really neat narrow canyon.  Of course we had to stop for a minute and let the boys fish.
On our way back from the trip we stopped by the "poopy dock" so a few people could go to the bathroom.  While waiting we had to fish again of course and Tyson caught a huge small mouth bass. It tasted great.
Taking a swimming break on our way back from the boating trip.
We did a little tube riding.  Go Kayla and Tyson.
Andrea actually really liked the boat rides.  She always wanted to look over my shoulder and see where we were going and what we were doing.
The kids loved playing together with all of the beach toys.
Look how cute they all are.  We love cousin time.
Andrea LOVES standing and WALKING!!! We walked all over the house boat and now we walk all over the house.
She loved Grandpa's hat.
Yes, she got it!
YES, this is a bat.  Tyson caught a bat with the fish net.  Scott, Steve, Tyson, and I were out fishing with the green florescent lights on the back of the houseboat when there were bats flying all over the place and right next to our faces.  One dropped down right in front of Steve and snapped up a moth just inches from his face.  So, Steve and Tyson thought they would try and catch one with a net.  And. . . . They did! It was crazy.  I was terrified and kept trying to hide behind the door.  I didn't want to get bit.  I hear it's really bad to get bit by a bat.
Look closely at this picture and you will see it's teeth.
The bat looked so cute, but yet so fierce at the same time.  It was really neat to see a bat up close.  We let it go and it was just fine.
I caught one picture of the boys fishing and playing with the net on the back of the boat.  I don't have a picture of this, but the boys built a huge slip n' slide with a ramp.  We played there for several hours and went down the slide many times.  We have lots of video, but not many still pictures.  It was really fun.  They made it by digging out a trench, laying down black tarp, and using a pump to run the water from the lake up to the slip n' slide.  Lake Powell was a lot of fun and a great way to end the summer.

No comments: