Friday, August 06, 2010

Slip n'Slide

Steve is currently the 2nd counselor in a Singles Ward Bishopric and I serve on the activities committee, so we've had lots of fun this summer with all the singles ward activities. The last Saturday in July we went to Rock Canyon park and set up some Slip n' Slides and volleyball nets and had some water fun.  Steve ran the water up at the top.
Yes, we did take our 8 month old daughter down the slip n' slide that over half of the college girls in the ward were too afraid to go down.  Mostly because one of the first runs down the slide one of the guys in the ward broke his collar bone. We moved the slide a little bit to the side and eliminated most of the danger.  Andrea was a very brave girl.  I took her down the slide twice.  The first time I went pretty slow, but the second time the slide was a lot more wet and we went really fast.  I was honestly desperately trying to slow us down by dragging my feet and one hand, but eventually I just steered us off of the slip n' slide so the grass would slow us down.  She and I were both a little scared, but she was a trooper.
This is the 1st counselor, Brice Crowther and is daughter Claire going down the slide.  They went the most times out of anyone, she loved it!
Steve took Andrea down the slide for a 3rd time.  He went really fast and didn't steer off the slide and took Andrea right through the huge dirty puddle at the bottom of the slide. She really did not like that.
This would be Andrea screaming for her mother because daddy just took her down the slide way too fast and went right through the dirty puddle.  He was very safe with her, but honestly, I was a little worried.  We won't be taking her down any huge slip n' slides for a long time.
Eventually we connected another huge slide and made a gigantic slide.  Yes, seven people went down at the same time.  Crazy, but very fun.
Once everything was turned off, Steve took one last trip down the slide.  Then we played volleyball, ate grapes, and had a water balloon fight.  I got Steve a few times, so he chucked one at me from only a few feet away and it didn't break.  It left a nice red circle on my side.  It was a lot of fun to play in the sun and water with the singles ward.

No comments: