Thursday, July 22, 2010

Disney Cruise

The entire Barclay family went on a Disney Cruise the Last part of May and first part of June. It was one of the Best Vacations ever! We all absolutely LOVED it!!!!! The sad thing is, we lost our camera on the plane ride back from our vacationing and lost all of our Cruise and D.C. pictures! But the family was kind enough to search through their pictures and send some our way, so I will use their pictures to blog so we can at least have something to prove that we were there. :-)

Our Private Bus ride to the Disney Ship.  They came and picked us up from the hotel and drove us straight to the Disney Cruise ship. They even loaded and unloaded our gear for us. This ride was actually quite fun because the kids kept saying things that started with Mickey. Mickey Mouse, Mickey Ship, etc. My favorite was McKadee who said, "Mickey D's (meaning McDonalds)
Our second day of the Cruise we went to Nassau, Bahamas. I'm honestly not a huge fan of Nassau, so Steve and I decided to skip the sight seeing and go and do something really fun.  We went SCUBA diving!!!! Mom and Dad were nice enough to watch Andrea ALL day, because it was and all day event. The SCUBA diving was pretty awesome.  The scariest part was actually the drive to Stuarts Cove, our bus driver was going insanely fast, we cut off about 3 people, and every bump felt like the bus was falling apart. We went on two separate dives. The first dive we went to a sea wall that dropped off to 3500 feet, but we only went down to 80 feet, which is still pretty deep.  I was having troubles with my BCD (It's like the life vest) I couldn't get the air to release, so I kept floating up towards the surface. I was trying everything ie. breathing out for as long as possible, thinking heavy thoughts, and even swimming down towards the bottom.  But it was all to no avail, I was floating towards the surface quite fast.  The Dive Master hurried and swam up to me, yanked on my BCD to release the air, slipped two weights into my BCD, and pulled me back down to the bottom.  I was so thankful he saved me, but the only problem was he pulled me down way too fast, so I didn't have much time to regulate my mask, so it felt as though my eyes were going to pop out of their sockets.  After the dive was over I realized that my eyes were completely blood shot, and I had little blood dots all around them.  They were a little tender, but it was all because I didn't know how to work my BCD.  Right after our first dive however I learned several other ways to empty the air from my BCD, so I was good to go. On our first dive we saw a turtle, lion fish, tons of yellow tuna, and plenty of other fish that I have no idea what their names are. Our second dive was to a boat that they sunk to film coral growth for the movie EARTH.  That dive was awesome.  We took pictures inside of the boat, saw another turtle, lion fish, two stingrays, tons of little colorful fish, and played on the ocean floor for a long time.  It was so fun. It reminded me a lot of the planet Pandora from Avatar, because it really looks as though everything glows in the ocean and it's a completely different world. We were so excited to be part of that world together! The picture above is a picture of Mom and Dad with Andrea on the glass bottom boat. They did that excursion while we were SCUBA diving. Thank you again mom and dad!




Eating Dinner. Each night we ate in a different Restaurant, but sat at the same numbered table and had the same servers.  We got to order something from every course.  Sometimes we ordered more than one thing from each course. It was awesome.  Dinners were lots of fun. Especially the limbo dancing and pirates night!


To finish off Pirate Night they had a big show on the top of the ship. Mickey swung across the stage on a zipline and then fireworks went off.

Every night there was a different show.  The shows were the best!  They were all musicals, which I definitely love. They had the Golden Mickeys, Toy Story, Some other musical that I missed because I was in the hall with Andrea and all the other Barclay grand children :-), and Once Upon a Dream. The last night was fantastic! They had fake snow fall from the ceiling and tons of lights light up in the ceiling to make the effect of pixie dust. It was awesome.
Our beautiful private island, Cast Away Kay. The best part!
I ran a 5k both mornings that we were on the ship. The first morning was with Kayla and Lindsi and the second morning was with Ben and Tuesdee.  We got these free water bottles for making through. Yes, we were very sweater because there was no escape from the heat.



Tuesdee caught this picture of Andrea at the beach.
This was the beach we went to. It was perfect for everyone to swim in all day long. There were tons of beach chairs with umbrellas on the beach so we'd trade off being with babies in the shade and playing in the water. Andrea did get in the water a few times though. We sat with her on a floating mat, so she was partly in the water and partly not and she liked it.


Our Day at Sea. It's actually quite funny that we had a day at sea, because we could have very easily made it our next destination very quickly, but the wanted to give us one more day to play, so they drove around in circles all day. This is a picture of the water slide and pool. It was a lot of fun playing in the sun on the ship.
On the last night of the cruise we all went in and purchased mom and dad a nice picture to remember the vacation by. It was a small way to say thank you for such a fantastic vacation! I can't wait to go again.

1 comment:

Shantel Elise said...

I'm sorry that you lost your camera! That is tragic. It looks like a great time though!