Friday, October 23, 2009

My Baby Shower!!!

I walked in the door at 5:30 ish in the morning and it was absolutely beautiful! My sister-in-laws had stayed up late the night before decorating. It was so beautiful! This is what it looked like from the door when I walked in.
They hung really cute onezies (I have no idea how to spell that word) above the fireplace and window.
I still can't get over how extremely beautiful this Baby Shower was. Thank you Lindsi, Markell, Stephanie, Kayla, and Mom!
This was one of the coolest parts! they made a cake out of diapers, receiving blankets, and little, but very needed things such as nail clippers, a nose sucker, nail file, Binkys, etc.
Before the baby shower started I played outside with the kids for a while. Kaydence climbed inside of this dump truck all by herself. Then Canon would push her down the driveway and John or I would catch her at the bottom. It was hilarious. I actually have a video of it too. I'll have to upload it to the blog.
I took Casen for a ride on the little trike. They had these at the Day care that I used to work at and I'd always take the kids around on them.
Canon and Kaydence thought they'd take a ride next. It was a struggle to get Canon to be happy sharing his toys with his cousins, but he did a good job! :-)
To finish off playing with the kids outside I pulled Canon and Kaydence around inside of the Red wagon for about 30 minutes. It was great exercise and very good entertainment!
My in-laws were SOOOOO awesome and drove ALL the way up to Utah from Arizona JUST for the Baby shower!!! I love you all so much! Thank you for driving soooo many hours just to be here to support me and our little baby! It meant so much to me and Steve. Look at all four of these ladies, they all look very nice and beautiful! Grandma is on the left, then Heidi, Sharon, Kayla (who looks very excited to be there), and Lindsi.
This picture shows more beautiful ladies: Aneke, MaryAnn, Kathy, and her daughter Amanda.
Bekah and Shantel also came to the Shower. Thank you Bekah and Shantel for always supporting me in everything that I do. I love you both.
My beautiful MOTHERS!!!! They look great! They both spoiled me and the baby very much at the shower.
My father-in-law sent this gift up for the baby. He got her a bunch of Green Bay Packer Perifinellia. I was VERY excited!!! I can't wait to see our little baby in this outfit and chewing on this teething ring in church. :-) Thank you dad!
My mother-in-law made this beautiful diaper bag for me. I got to pick out the fabric, but she did all of the work. It is soooo beautiful! I can't wait to carry it around and "sport" it and my cute little baby.
Both mothers got us beautiful dresses! She will look very beautiful at church and in her pictures! Here's the dress from my mother-in-law.
My parents got us a little swing, which I am sure that we will use often.
Grandma gave us this beautiful crocheted sweater and booties (Thanks Heidi). She asked her sister, Nancy to make them several years ago. Thank you grandma. They are beautiful.

Here is the fancy dress that my mother got for us.
This is a picture of a beautiful basket full of wonderful "goodies" that Lindsi made us.
I got a lot of blankets, burp rags, onezies, and pajamas! Thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts!

I had to post this picture, because I thought it was hilarious! Kayla really was trying to stay awake. :-)
This is a picture of my beautiful sisters! Thank you for putting on such a beautiful party! We are holding the two cakes that were made for me. One, of diapers, the other of yummy frosting, but incredibly decorated. Markell made a little baby with hair and everything out of frosting, it was really cool looking.
And a picture of the Proud To-be parents! Thank you again everyone for coming and supporting and spoiling our little baby!
Auntie Sharon cross stiched this whole book for our little girl, so I had to take a picture of her showing it to Steve.
After the shower we played with the family and all the kids for a while.
Kaydence was having way too much fun riding her mom's back.
We played a "Guess How Big Tausha's tummy is game." Everyone got to cut a strip of this ribbon the length that they thought my belly would be. It was a really fun game. It made me feel good that everyone kept cutting their strips too big, maybe I'm not as huge as I look in this picture, or as big as I feel. :-)
The reason we got up so early to go to the Baby shower is because Steve went Duck hunting that morning with Scott and John. I had to take a picture of the boys and their birds. They had a lot of fun. It was beautiful weather that morning. I wish I could have got a picture of all of them in their waders, but this one is still pretty good.

1 comment:

hlwjarvis said...

Thanks for updating your blog, Tausha! You did a great job, as usual. I loved seeing the pictures and reading your comments. Oh, FYI--Grandma had a sweater and booties crocheted by Aunt Nancy, not a dress as you posted. I just thought you'd like to know.

Loved the pictures of the ducks! So steve got of all them, right? At least that's what your brothers say so Steve has to clean them! Ha!

We love you bunches and bunches that will never end! Can't wait to see you and smooch that baby!

FAMILY IS EVERYTHING!

Heidi (0: