Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Feeding herself

Yes, she is at the age now that she is determined to feed herself!  It means a lot more messes, but a lot more entertainment as well. I'm actually quite impressed with how fast she picked up on holding the bowl and scooping into into it with her spoon.  She may not get a lot of food in her mouth, but she does get some.
Really concentrating, "I am going to get this food on my spoon Mom!"
She is so proud of herself! As she should be. :-)
Just look closely at her arms and you will see how messy she was after she was all done feeding herself. Or decorating herself, I'm not sure which one.
We don't get to see Steve very often, but when we do I try to make sure that it is quality time, so on Saturday we went to the park for a little bit and took Andrea down the slide.  She didn't particularly like the slide this day. I'm almost positive it's because we took her down the huge slip n' slide in July way too fast, and it terrified her of slides.  But, I took her down the slide a few days later and she loved it! Her fears of the slide are hopefully gone.
Yea, we loved Daddy time!!!
Here is the best picture of my hair that we have so far.  I know it's kind of dark, but you can kind of see it. I'm the only one that's home with Andrea during the week and I don't really take pictures of myself, so that's why there haven't been any pictures of my hair yet.
Last Sunday I pulled out my violin and started playing.  Andrea was fascinated with it. At first she was trying to crawl up my legs to get closer to it, which is the picture bellow, but then Steve lifted her up so she could be close to the violin as I played.
"I give up Daddy, it's no use trying to crawl up Mom's leg."

No comments: