Saturday, July 16, 2011

May - Grandpa and Grandma Bentz came to visit, Makeup, Dance Recital, and Kloepfer Reunion

Mom and Dad Bentz came to visit for their 30th Anniversary. They decided that there was no place they'd rather be, than with their only grand child. :-)  They came to visit for just over a week.  While they were here we went to Outback Steak House for dinner, spent time with Bill and MaryAnn for Mother's Day, and went to the cabin in Fairview cabin.  Because of the excessive amounts of snow and rain that we received this year, there was still a ton of snow at the cabin (at least 4 feet).  We played games inside, had yummy food, and played in the snow.
  While they were in town we went to the River Walk on the south end of BYU campus.  We walked around and enjoyed the scenery and the ducks and then had a lovely picnic next to the water. 
Pretty crazy that within the same week we played in 4 - 8 feet of snow and then basked in the sun by a waterfall.  After the picnic we went home and watched American Idol for an hour while a rain storm came and passed.  Then we went to Trafalga and played miniature golf. We had a ton of fun. I pretty much chased Andrea around and tried to keep her from picking up everyone's golf balls before they hit them, but everyone else had a blast. :-)
 Just before we finished playing miniature golf it started to rain.  We kept playing because we were so close to being done.  It subsided quite a bit by the time we were done, but most everyone else in the park had already left, so on our way out, the director of the carousel ride let all of us ride for free. It was really fun.
 We also stopped to let Steve and Bill play with a fountain toy.  The water constantly bubbles from underneath and it keeps the ball moving quickly in the same direction.  However, if the direction is changed then it will continue to roll in that direction for a very long time.  Steve and Bill played with it for a while and changed directions a few times.
 Grandma and Grandpa Bentz gave Andrea this most beautiful dress for Easter, so of course she had to wear it while they were there.  This dress is soooo cute, but the jacket is even cuter.
 Andrea loves to play in her mommy's makeup.  She actually put all the different makeups in the right spot; eye shadow on her eyelids, and lip gloss on her lips.  Doesn't she look so pretty? :-)
I was sewing bags with my Activity Day girls over a period of a few different activities, so Andrea observed and learned how to sew. :-)  She took the material and knew exactly how to old it and where to put it. I thought it was so cute.

I teach Ballet and Jazz at the Ruby Shoes Studio.  Each year our final dance recital is the Wizard of Oz.  I was able to help last year starting in January after I had Andrea.  This year I taught the whole school year and was able to help a lot more with choreography and teaching.  I absolutely LOVE teaching with Amber.  She is amazing.  Not only is she an incredible dancer, but she is an even better teacher.  She uses so many creative techniques and always makes class fun.  The girls have fun and they also learn a lot and become great dancers in her studio.  Here is a collage of pictures taken after the show.  I have learned so much from Amber and hope to be half as good of a dance teacher as she is some day.

Memorial Day Weekend
For Memorial Day weekend we went to Idaho for the Kloepfer Family Reunion.  It was one of a very few trips that we were able to have with Steve this summer, so we were super excited, but then the weather was a high of 50 degrees and tons of snow!  :-)  Not necessarily the vacation we were anticipating, but it ended up being a lot of fun because we were able to spend time together with our family.  We played games at the cabin such as charades, cards, and 60 seconds or less challenges.  It was a lot of fun.  However, we ended up announcing that I was pregnant to everyone at the cabin because half of the family members guessed that I was pregnant because I wasn't feeling very well and didn't have very much energy.  It was a little sooner than planned, but fun to tell everyone in person.  Here are some cute pictures.

2 comments:

Emily and Jordan said...

I love thoe cute little scrap book picture things you do on this! I sure can't do them! But I hope everything is going good for your pregnancy! And is Steve back yet? I sure hope so! Well talk to you later! love ya~ Emily

Shantel said...

Tausha, It was so great to see you the other day. I loved it. I also love reading your blog.

Hope everything is going well!