Saturday, July 16, 2011

May 18th 2011 - Andrea is Adorable!

         Andrea was soooo cute today.  All day long while playing by herself I would hear her laugh and laugh, then play again for about 15 seconds and laugh and laugh.  She was so excited and fascinated by life today.  I love being her mother because she helps me remember that life truly is a blessing and each little thing can be so fun and enjoyable.  After we came back from running errands Andrea kept stepping over a small log in our back yard.  Each time she'd step over it she'd laugh and laugh.  Then she'd say, "Mommy turn."  So, I'd step over it and we'd both laugh and laugh. We went back and forth stepping over the log for about 5 minutes.  Each time our laughs got louder and deeper.
         Then, later in the evening when her Daddy got home and we were watching American Idol Andrea and Mommy were cuddling on the couch with a blanket.  Every two minutes or so Andrea would get up RUN back to her room and while running she would say, "Blankie, blankie."  She'd open her bottom drawer in her room and run back out with a blanket.  While running back she'd say, "Pink, or Purple, or Red." depending on the color of the blanket.  She'd climb up on the couch and cuddle with Mommy for another few minutes then start all over again by running down the hall.
         During the commercials I was washing the dishes.  Andrea came running in and wrapped her arms around my leg trying to give me a hug.  Then she started rubbing my legs just like I always do to her back.  She did that for almost a minute.  It was the cutest thing.  It completely melted my heart!  I Love Andrea.
        Lastly, she said one of her longest prayers for her "night night prayers." She's getting really good at copying the words and sounds that we say.  Steve and I both took her back to her crib.  After tucking her in she lifted up her head and said, "Bye Daddy."  He reached in and gave her a kiss.  She lifted her head and said, "Bye Mommy."  I bent down and kissed her as well.  As we walked out of her room she kept saying, "Bye Mommy, Bye Daddy."  It was the most perfect moment for me as a mother.  Those moments are what make all the work with it!  I love family and I love being a mother!

No comments: