Sunday, August 30, 2009

1st Year of Law School

Steve just finished his first week of Law School. Already the homework is piled on. The funny thing is, he never really has assignments that are due, but he has a ton of reading for every class. He has to do the reading because in class they discuss the reading and the teacher calls on the students at random to share their thoughts. Needless to say, it is very vital that he complete all the reading for all the classes. Here's a little funny story about his reading. I asked Steve if I could help him by reading some of his assignments and then telling him about them. His answer was, "No offense Tausha, but I have to read each thing about 4 times before I get it and I have to remember it, so I better just read it." That's how intense Law school is and it's only just begun. So to make things a little more interesting for Steve he was just called to be the 2nd counselor in the 23rd ward at BYU. It's a singles ward at BYU. I will be getting released so I can be with him every Sunday and participate in that ward. He just got sustained and set apart today. Mom and Dad Barclay and Bill, Maryann, and Benson Boy came to support us. We both spoke in Sacrament meeting as well. It was a great day. Steve is already fantastic at his calling and rembers all the names of people that he met today. We are both going to have to get really good at memorizing names, because there's about 200 new people we get to meet. We know this calling will be really intense with Law School and a baby, but we also know that the Lord will bless us. We're really excited about it.

I started my student teaching on the 13th of August and have been coming in early and staying late every day to make up hours. This way I can make up days and finish ALL of my student teaching before I have the baby. Things have been pretty good. I'm teaching a 2nd grade class right now. They are so loud and disruptive. Honestly, I've been using every good technique I've ever learned and it's still barely working, if working at all. The whole grade is just off the wall. All of the teachers are already having to enforce consequences that they've never had to enforce or at least not until later in the year, but I'm hoping that as they learn the classroom procedures and as I continue to find exciting ways to teach they will get better.

Things are going great for us. We are so completely in LOVE!!!! It's so nice to be together. Despite how busy we are we make sure that we have dinner together every night and spend some qualtiy time together every day. I am so proud of Steve and his dedication to school, his calling, and me! We love all of you and thank you for your support. We're really excited to have a beautiful girl in only 2 and a half months!

1 comment:

Shantel Elise said...

Taush.
It was so good to read your post. I love you so much and I am glad that you two are doing well. Law school sounds incredibly intense, but I hope that Steve really enjoys it. I was able to hang out with Kayla last night for a little bit and we were talking about some of our favorite memories, and it made me miss you. I love you tons and I am so glad that I am able to keep up with your life through the blogging world. Good luck with everything!